Sunday 27 January 2013

DADDY'S GIRL

A - 27/365
For Christmas we gave Daddy the gift of time in the form of a date per month with either you, D, Teeny, me, Nanny, Grandad or a special family outing.  This was partly because life gets so hectic sometimes that we thought it would be nice to give him some downtime and also because I am on maternity leave and so had to think of something thoughtful that wasn't going to cost the earth.  Each date was scribbled on a slip of paper and put inside a blown up balloon so he had to pop 12 balloons to get his presents.
 
January's date was with you and took place this afternoon.  Before you left I gave you some money to pay for things which you safely put into your handbag along with the compact camera, a banana and a carton of apply juice.  You took the train into town with Daddy to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery where you dropped into the Make and Take Crafts in the Activity Zone and made a lovely snowman and then wondered around the exhibits where I am told that your favourites were this phone and the 1930s kitchen complete with apron and oven glove.  Eventually you got back on the train and came home to me!
 
I am a little bit envious, but mostly just so happy that you both really enjoyed this afternoon out.*  I love you both so much.

*For the tiny cost of £3!

No comments:

Post a Comment