So here is a little update on "Three Things to be Thankful For". Enjoy these little snippets of our life.
Tuesday 21 August 2012
1. I found out today that my shoulder MRI was absolutely clear which obviously doesn't narrow down the cause of the arm pain, but I was a little bit frightened that it would turn up something nasty so it is a huge relief. It also means the doctor can refer me for physio now which will hopefully get me back that final bit of movement I am missing and improve the bedtime ache.
2. When I was pregnant with Teeny I occasionally used to get A&D to curl up on the sofa with me for an hour and sometimes we would nod off. We obviously don't have the opportunity much for that now, but today A asked me if we could lie down on the sofa for a cuddle. It made me so happy that even though I couldn't run around with them when I was heavily pregnant she still enjoyed that special time we spent together enough to ask to do it today.
3. I had a visit from my lovely friend Jade this evening and it was just really lovely to have a good old natter with her. I am so blessed that she is my friend and am especially looking forward to the Sunday lunch she is cooking for us this weekend!!
Wednesday 22 August 2012
1. I am struggling with A&D's behaviour a little at the moment as they have become quite challenging again over the last week. I am pretty sure it is because they are missing preschool, but that doesn't make it any easier. Anyway today they have had their moments, but were much better behaved than they have been and you have no idea how grateful I am for that. It makes me feel so awful when they are not the polite, lovely children I know they can be.
2. I am so thankful for the lovely friends that A&D made at pre-school. We had a play date with one of them today and my two had a lovely few hours at their house. Whenever we go there we are always made to feel so welcome and it is lovely for me too to have some lovely adult company in the form of their friend's mommy, Kate. Even though the children are going to different nurseries I really hope we manage stay in touch and that our children stay friends as they grow older. I really can picture the girls together in ten years time as teenagers. What a frightening prospect.
3. I don't seem to have seen my lovely nephew for a little while, but today, after a hard day at work, my sweetheart of a sister in law helped me dye my hair (I couldn't do it myself because of not having a full range of movement in my arm) and on arrival at her house, without any prompting from me, I was greeted with a great big hug from my nephew. I felt very blessed, although D will be gutted that he missed out.
Thursday 23 August 2012
1. Teeny has started having the occasional sneaky night time/early morning feed again. I think it is because he has started going to bed a little earlier so is doing a longer stretch now. The funny thing is though he will go back to sleep once I put him in his cot, but while I am holding him he tries his hardest to play with me and gives me such cheeky and beautiful smiles that I almost don't want to put him back to bed!
2. Teeny had to have his 16 week injections today and A&D came with us too. Last time he had them the nurse was very softly spoken and gentle and they didn't upset him too much so A&D were ok with him having them. This time we saw a different nurse; she was a bit more abrupt and Teeny really cried at his first jab which made A so cross that she started shaking my chair and saying "No Mommy" as the nurse tried to give him his next one. It broke my heart that he was so upset and that she was so upset for him. Needless to say Teeny was smothered with kisses and cuddles by A&D once the ordeal was over.
3. I have the best of both worlds when I am not on maternity leave in that I work evenings and so get to spend lots of time with my children during the day (although I do miss my lovely husband). However I do really miss reading bedtime stories and having bedtime cuddles with A&D so being on maternity leave is extra special in that I am able to spend lots of time bonding with Teeny, but I also get to do the bedtime things that I really miss when I am at work. I also love going in to give them a sneaky kiss and cuddle once they have nodded off.
Friday 24 August 2012
1. I have talked before about the lovely friends that A&D made at pre-school. Today we had another play date with one of them. I struggle on Friday's because my other half goes to work early so I was so thankful that we had been invited out. The weather stayed dry and they have a beautiful garden so of course the children spent 90% of their time in the garden and had a ball especially as there is a secret garden too which can't be seen from the house. How exciting for three (almost) four year olds!! I had a good old natter with Olivia's mommy which always makes me feel better and the morning ran away from us. Before we knew it it was time for us to go home, much to the children's disgust!
2. My husband finishes work early on Friday's and it is always lovely to go home and already have him there waiting to give me a great big cuddle.
3. Following on from the above. Despite Friday mornings being difficult for me I am so grateful for the extra time we get to spend together as a family on these afternoons as a result of the early mornings. Where possible, provided that life doesn't take over, we try to do something fun and make this time extra special especially as the children get older because I am noticing that A&D are starting to miss Daddy more and more when he is at work.
Saturday 25 August 2012
1. I am thankful for my husband everyday, but today is our 6th wedding anniversary so I am even more thankful for him today. He is a wonderful husband and father to our children. Of course we have our moments like every couple, but I love him more every single day. I know this doesn't sound very romantic, but we are like a well oiled machine. We are a team and we work well together. The children and I are his world and he and the children are mine. I daren't even think what I would do without him.
2. This might be slightly materialistic, but I am so thankful for the lovely anniversary flowers I found when I got up this morning. I know my husband loves me, but he is not the most romantic of men so surprise flowers are extra special. I would be happy with a little bunch from the supermarket, but these were actually a beautiful bouquet from the florist loaded with lilies and roses which are two of my favourite flowers. How lucky am I?
3. We did lots of nice things as a family today; out for breakfast in the morning and then to a birthday party in the afternoon. It is not really about what we did though I am just thankful for being able to spend that time with my family; you know just hanging out with them and not thinking about housework or DIY or what to cook for tea.
Sunday 26 August 2012
1. I was so grateful today to be able to spend some lovely intimate time with Allan and Teeny having some beautiful photographs taken by Allan's sister. She also photographed my bump for me as well as Teeny's home birth and we are going to slide show them all together for Teeny's Naming Ceremony. Allan and I are conscious of wanting to involve A&D as much as we can with Teeny and we love to do that because they idolise him and he they, but it was just so very special to have this short special time together as a couple with him today to record and treasure his babyhood (if that is even a real word). Probably more so because we feel like we missed out on that a little with A&D because of the mayhem that is having multiples especially as your first
and if this were not a post about being thankful and happy I would say that this makes me a little sad.
2. A wonderful friend; one of the most talented, committed and generous individuals I know and to top it off a great cook. Jade's Sunday roast. Nom nom nom. Need I say more? A&D can take or leave Sunday Lunch (which surprises me given my love for them), but the fact that they virtually cleared their plates is testament to how delicious it was. I was so happy not to have to cook today and to still get to eat a delicious home cooked meal with the most wonderful people!
3. Finally I have to talk about how well behaved my children were at their Auntie Jade's house today. I have mentioned earlier on that they have become quite challenging over the summer break and I have been at the end of my tether at times, but I was extremely proud of them today. They were so well mannered and polite and respectful that you would have thought that butter couldn't melt and it made for a very pleasant afternoon. So thank you so much guys for making me smile so much that it was impossible to hide. Love you.
Monday 27 August 2012
1. I caught up with some of my oldest work friends this morning. I am the only one out of that circle with children and I sometimes find it hard to fit into their plans and worry that they just think I am being awkward, but I make the effort to join them when I can and they too make the effort to accommodate my children where it is possible and/or appropriate. We had a good old catch up today and I am always thankful to be able to spend quality time with these people as they have been part of my life for a very long time and will be for a very long time to come I hope.
2. Another play date and another lovely afternoon. Today's play date was with a little girl who started pre-school on the same day as A&D and her mommy, Jo was the first person I spoke to at pre-school. The weather held out and so the children got to play both inside and out and I am so happy that they got to have lots of fun with yet another lovely friend. What made this play date extra special was that, as it was a Bank Holiday, Daddy got to join in the fun too and I think it was good for his soul to get involved with the children's social lives and it made me happy to have him there.
3. We finished this lovely day by having a Chinese takeaway with my sister in law, but what made me happiest while we were there was the beaming smiles on A&D's faces and the excitement in their voices when their big cousin arrived home. I have written before about how much they love Will and this love just seems to grow and grow; it is so beautiful to watch.
Tuesday 28 August
1. A was ever so upset today when D didn't want to play outside with her. It made me so thankful that I have twins because, as difficult as it can be for me sometimes, they are so lucky to have each other. It must be much less scary doing new things if you always have a partner in crime;
2. There are lots of mommies who I know online, but never get to meet in person. However today I was blessed to meet one of those mommies along with her her brand new baby girl. I really should try harder to meet my online friends.
3. Today is one year since I posted my first post on my blog. Yay I have been blogging (somewhat sporadically) for a whole year.
Wednesday 29 August
1. Wednesday is Booby Club. I feel so privileged to be able to help and support other women through their breastfeeding journey. I hope I make as much of a difference to them as they do to me.
2. I had a lovely evening out with my sister in law and my friend; we went to see the wonderfully talented Kimbra, but that's a whole other post!
3. A&D were quite put out that they weren't coming to see Kimbra with me tonight, but I did manage to acquire a poster advertising the gig for them to put in their room. You should have seen their faces!
Oh dear! Writing this has just made me realise that I really haven't been taking enough photographs lately so I really must take steps to rectify that situation and get my mojo back as it seems to have wandered away from me slightly.