Tuesday 1 January 2013

A NEW YEAR AND A NEW PROJECT

First of all Happy New Year from all of us to all of you!
 
Inspired by the lovely Georgia and some other lovely mommies I have stumbled upon over the last year, including the extremely inspirational Julia, I have decided to attempt a 365 project with my children this coming year.  I am really hoping that, aside from being something wonderful for us to look back on as a family in years to come, it will help me to see the wood from the trees when it comes to the time I spend with them especially when our days are hectic and fraught or I am finding the children particularly challenging.  I am not going to kid myself; I'm sure I will often be critical of the photographs and their content and that there will be gaps in places, but I figure that it is better to give it a go and have an incomplete 365 project than not to have a 365 project at all.
 
A little while ago I set myself a small thankfulness project the blogging of which was cut short by a fairly lengthy internet outage, however despite that I still feel that it was a worthy little project because it helped to change my mindset.  Although I don't always actively blog about it I am now a little bit better at trying to look for the good in my day even if there only feels like there is a tiny speck so I am hoping that the 365 project will enhance that focus further.
 
So here goes...

3 comments:

  1. I just saw this and feel really moved to have been called inspirational by you. Thank you. I am feeling anything but, however being determined to be a bit more positive about what I have managed I am going to say 'takes one to know one'. Inspirational woman that is!! I am so excited that you have started a 365 because I am finding it fantastic. Have you joined the facebook page? I have found it so useful and wonderful to join the community of women who have taken up Georgia's challenge. We post links to our blogs when we update them and comment on the two posts above ours. Find it here http://www.facebook.com/groups/203828213036580/
    I think that I read before that you don't use facebook but just in case you want to it's a lovely group. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia.

      Thank you for returning the compliment. It is funny how us mommies can always see lots of wonderful qualities in each other, but not in ourselves.

      You are right I do steer clear of Facebook; I have a few gripes about it and I can also be quite self loathing so it seems better that way for me. Really kind of you to sign post me to the group though.

      Delete
  2. So glad you are going to give it a go! Yay! Best of luck! x

    ReplyDelete