Sunday 30 June 2013

BREASTFEEDING AWARENESS WEEK 2013 - DAY SEVEN


 
This is the final photograph in my little series to celebrate Breastfeeding Awareness Week.
 
Granted, this isn't the best quality photograph, but I really love it.  It was taken at my lovely mother in law's 70th birthday party, so Teeny would have been 11 days off 13 months old and this is what I call snuggly boob.  It was way past his bedtime and he was tired and so *gasp* he was feeding for comfort, but you know what?  That's ok!! Even though there are plenty of parenting "gurus" who will tell you otherwise I am telling you now that the world will not end if you feed your baby for comfort.  Yes I could have let him cry, but what would that have achieved?  I tell you what a stressed out mommy and a very distressed baby.  This is the beauty of breastfeeding; it can be used to calm a baby who is hungry, tired, teething, feverish......the list is endless.  Mother nature made it that way.  Isn't she clever?

No comments:

Post a Comment