Monday 24 June 2013

BREASTFEEDING AWARENESS WEEK 2013 - DAY ONE

So today and for the rest of the week, in honour of Breastfeeding Awareness Week which seems to be being celebrated at varying times throughout the month of June, I will be posting a breastfeeding photo per day.

So here is today's...

 
This is one of only two photographs I think I have of me feeding A&D and I think I may have posted it elsewhere on this blog at some point.  My mother in law took both of the photographs I have when A&D were just four days old (I think!) and at the time I hated them because breastfeeding and being a mommy was very new to me and I was oh so very aware of being completely exposed. 
 
How times change, now I am eternally grateful for those two very precious photographs.  I will get my boobs out anywhere (for a baby who needs feeding) and couldn't care less what people think.  Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now.

4 comments:

  1. Is this you? It is an incredible picture. I saw it on skeptical mother and thought WOW!! I feel all inspired to get a picture of me and Neve before it's too late (though at 15 months she is showing no signs at all of slowing down!). Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is me, although hard to believe it now. I was fresh faced and not aged by motherhood. Lol. Can you link me to where you saw this photo?

      You should definitely get some photos with Neve, I have made sure we've taken a whole array of random BF ones with Eden, a few more of which I will share over this coming week.

      Thanks for commenting Julia. I will be over for my fix of your beautiful family later.

      Xx

      Delete
  2. I think I must have seen the picture in my blog feed and presumed it was from the skeptical mother facebook page because I looked and couldn't find it there. It is such a classic. You do look very young and I adore how your babies are in identical positions. Just gorgeous. I am going to make it a mission of mine to get a picture of me and Neve while I am in Finland. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was me thinking I'd been discovered!! Ha ha! Thank you for such lovely comments.

      I bet you will get some gorgeous ones of you and Neve. Your composition is always just beautiful. Enjoy Finland. Looking forward to seeing some gorgeous photos from your trip.

      Delete