Monday 12 August 2013

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW


Those of you who know me will know that one of my passions is breastfeeding peer support and you will also know that I have volunteered, quite avidly, in this capacity for coming up to almost four years.  Today, however, is very special; I am now OFFICIALLY employed as a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter for my local NHS trust.  I will still be working the 16 hours that I already work during the evenings, but on Mondays and Fridays I will work as a peer supporter which means that Teeny will be doing a day and a half at nursery, although all three of the children were at home with Daddy today. 
 
The job involves me being based in the community supporting women (and their families) in the antenatal and postnatal periods and I literally cannot wait.  It has been difficult sorting out childcare and finances and tax codes and the like (we are, quite frustratingly, no better off financially), but now that everything is pretty much in place I am really looking forward to getting my teeth into the role and to having a job that I will absolutely love.
 
Consequently though today (and for the foreseeable future) things have been and are likely to be a bit chaotic so I imagine there will be lots of last minute photos, photos taken by Daddy or photos taken by me on my phone, but I will try my best to keep up as much I can.
 
Unfortunately today though, these three photos are the only ones I have.

A - 365
So here is A cleaning the inside of the car for me.
 
D - 365
Here D is watching his sister as she shows him how to use the new vacuum to clean where he needs to.

Teeny - 365
Teeny is practicing his standing here; I don't think it will be long now before he is walking.

2 comments:

  1. That is great news. Makes me really happy to think about the impact you have and will have. If only I lived round the corner I could take over the pictures for a bit while you get settled in. I also have to tell you how happy you made me by being encouraging of my photos of Sabrina. It was my first time working with a make-up artist and it was different working with someone else's vision. I am on such a steep learning curve at the moment and it's scary! Your comments mean so much. Thank you. Have a relaxing Sunday. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia thank you for your lovely comments. Yes if only you lived round the corner, they'd be the best pictures in this project :-) and we would get to drink ALOT of tea! I don't think you have anything to worry about with your pictures, you have a truly amazing talent. Are you self taught or did you take classes?

      Hope Ruskin had a safe trip home and that Anton enjoys Kindergarten.

      Lots of love.

      Also would you mind DMing me your email address via Twitter?

      Delete