Tuesday 9 October 2012

WOMAN OF THE WEEK

My wonderful friend Jade has blogged about me here and I want to say a huge thank you.   I feel so honoured to be labelled Woman of The Week by such a fantastic woman. 
 
I have never thought of myself as special or out of the ordinary; like millions of other people I just get on with things.  I do what I do and that is it.  I try so hard not to be materialistic, but I quite often end up feeling like I haven't succeeded because I have a tiny and very unfinished house; I don't have lots of qualifications or a high flying job and more often than not find myself counting the pennies. 
 
However when I read her post I couldn't believe that she was writing about me.  It focuses on my passions; my fantastic friends and family, wonderful husband and precious children as well as my volunteer work as a Peer Supporter and my desire to empower women during their pregnancies and beyond . 
 
This beautifully written post, a skill I never knew Jade had despite knowing her for more than ten years, was a real reality check for me; it has helped me to put lots of things into perspective and I will always be eternally grateful to Jade for facilitating that.

1 comment:

  1. Jade is totally right! You are way too hard on yourself honey xx

    ReplyDelete