Friday 26 October 2012

EID MUBARAK


A & D are lucky to attend a nursery where the class is very culturally diverse and before they broke up from nursery for half term they made Eid cards.  When  I picked them up that day and they told me what they had been doing I asked them what they had learned about Eid.  A told me that it is a celebration and that they have to take their shoes off and wash their toes!  (Oh the things that children remember!)  She also asked me if we would be celebrating Eid.  I explained that we would not because Eid is celebrated by Muslims and we are not muslim, but that we could go and take the cards to our next door neighbours as they would be celebrating Eid and that if they had any questions about Eid they could ask their little friend next door or her mommy who I am sure would be more than happy to answer them.
 
So this afternoon they very proudly trotted off next door with Daddy to take their cards and I was very proud of them for being so happy and excited to celebrate people's differences. 

So following my children's lead can I wish all of those celebrating today Eid Mubarak.
 
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ANGELA SCHWINDT

No comments:

Post a Comment