Thursday 11 October 2012

WEARING IN WOOLACOMBE

I just wanted to squeeze in another babywearing post before International Babywearing Week is out.
 
We recently went to Woolacombe for five days without a pushchair .  (Oh how I wish I could live there.)  I should admit here that beforehand I was more than a little apprehensive about the prospect of not having a pushchair.  I am not sure why I was so nervous about it given that we rarely use it and that Teeny is less than impressed with said pushchair anyway.
 
Here are the results......

  
Needless to say it was a complete success and the pushchair won't be coming next year, but my beloved Moby might be replaced by a pretty woven wrap if I can manage to narrow down what I should be buying by then!
 
Anybody have any thoughts on what my new purchase should be?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post :-) Such happy pictures. I am baby-wearing in Istanbul (and sometimes pushing a toddler too) and have an Ergo and I credit it with allowing me to be mobile in a city that must have some of the worst pavements in the world. I never get backache and carry Neve 4 or 5 hours a day. It isn't the prettiest thing though and I do get envious of really gorgeous wraps but can't really afford to get one when the Ergo is so perfect. Really great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia it is so lovely of you to follow and comment. Thank you.

      Istanbul, how lovely. I have never been, but a friend of mine has very recently and loved it.

      I have only ever heard great things about Ergos so sounds like a good choice to me. Wearing is such a revelation to me this time around. It makes life so much easier. My Moby is by no means pretty though, I got it preloved and it is pale blue and was lovely when I got it, but Teeny has taken to sucking it so it often looks pretty grotty as I don't seem to be able to wash and dry it quick enough. I only have funds to indulge in a pretty wrap because I got some money that I wasn't expecting so I saved it for my wrap stash. How sad am ??!!

      Delete
    2. Not sad at all I really get it! I really really want to get one of the beautiful patterned Ergos but just cannot justify it at all. I wrote something about babywearing here in Istanbul but being new to blogging I don't know if it is just seen as a bit self-promoting to post the link. But in case you are interested it's here http://arockandasoftplace.blogspot.com/2012/10/baby-wearers-of-istanbul-unite.html
      I was hassled quite a lot about breastfeeding while I was pregnant too. Sometimes women even pulled Anton off me!!! Giving sound advice about breastfeeding is such a wonderful thing to be doing.

      Delete
  2. Wrap wise, I'd go for a lovely girasol every time. Soft, beautiful, wide (I find didymos to be a little narrow when you get to the toddler stage) and cheap. I got my first (and favourite) for around £30 and whilst it's been a while since I've seen any that cheap, there are bargains to be had for sure.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth I was hoping you would reply. xx

      Delete