Monday 10 December 2012

LETTER FROM SANTA



This afternoon, after nursery, the children heard sleigh bells and couldn't see anything out of the window so I sent them to the front door where they found a letter had been hand delivered through the letterbox  which read as follows;
 
"Hello children it is Father Christmas here.  Do you remember that one of my trainee secret elves, Elsie, came to visit you a couple of times last year just before Christmas?  Well I am sure you will be pleased to hear that Elsie managed to graduate to a fully qualified Elf just in time for this Christmas, but sadly this means that she will not have time to pay you any visits before Christmas as she is busy with her Elf duties.  She sends her love to you though and says that she will miss seeing A and D this year and is sad that she will not be getting to meet Teeny.

Elsie’s little brother Ernie is still in training as a secret Elf though so I am sending him to stay with you very soon and it will be his job to keep a close eye on the three of you until Christmas.  Your mommy has let me know that A and D have been playing up a little bit at home lately, although she tells me that you have been very good at nursery so I am sure that you realise now how silly playing up for your mommy and daddy is and that you will behave really well while Ernie is visiting to show him just how good children behave.  You may not be able to see Ernie, but he will explore the whole of your house and make a note of your behaviour and then report back to me everyday. He will then come back to The North Pole with me on Christmas Eve.

You should probably know that Ernie can be a little troublesome and has been known to play tricks on the families that he stays with so keep your eyes peeled for any mischief he might cause and please let me know about it."

Obviously A&D are extremely excited by our impending arrival and have phoned Daddy to tell him and to ask him to bring a box home so that they can make Ernie a nice comfy bed this evening.
 
I can't wait to see what Ernie gets up to while he is with us.  I hope he doesn't wreck too much havoc as I have enough to do between now and Christmas without cleaning up after somebody else.

Ernie if you are reading this please play nice!

1 comment:

  1. Tis is adorable Rach. I bet Alanis and Dante loved it and I hope it will serve it's purpose and help them to be well behaved until Christmas at least!! Also hope that Ernie doesn't cause too much trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to Breslau, weather permitting for Conall's birthday on Saturday. Then we are busy here in town with invites out till the gang descend on us for the Clancy family Christmas which has always been on Boxing day so Rohen can be with his mom etc. on the 25th.Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Christmas. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete