Tuesday 8 October 2013

PRECIOUS HOUR

A - 365
I am still struggling with you and D being at school.  I have to collect you both just after 3.00pm and we are normally in the house and sorted by 3.30pm which, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, gives me an hour with you both before I have to dish up the dinner and then start working at 4.45pm.  I am desperately trying to make sure I have prepared dinner while you are at school and that I have something we can all do together for our precious hour.  Today I got out some phonics wipe clean books that we have and we all practiced letter formation while we talked about your day at school.  Oh how I miss the luxury of the time that we have had together for almost the last five years.  It is so heartwarming to see how you submerse yourselves in school and how you are forming such lovely friendships, but there is a tiny bit of me that constantly feels anxious and possibly even uncomfortable about school and wishes I was confident enough to consider other approaches to education like homeschooling and unschooling.  I know that as parents we are all supposed to know what is best for our children, but I'm afraid that I honestly sometimes really don't...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment