Tuesday 13 November 2012

ONE (OF MANY) REASONS I DON'T DO FACEBOOK

Check out this blog post from The Feminist Breeder. 
 
In short Gina posted an amusing breastfeeding photograph (with no nipple exposure) that was liked by 1,500+ people, but one highly intelligent woman (do you sense the sarcasm in my voice?) reported it because apparently children who breastfeed grow up to be sex offenders and she didn't want her son to see it.  (Yes I am serious she really did say that.)
 
So Facebook in their infinite wisdom (more sarcasm in the voice there) removed the photo and suspended Gina's account. That is what I call spineless!!
 
Seriously what is wrong with people?
 
I can't write anymore on this subject at this moment in time without using a long line of expletives so I will leave you with a lovely breastfeeding photo of my own.
 
Teeny @ 4 months old
Photograph by the lovely Karen Pooler
Any thoughts people??

4 comments:

  1. This is one of the most gorgeous breastfeeding pics I have ever seen. It is loving, sensual and nurturing and so beautiful. WOW WOW WOW! Facebook was too too silly about this and it is frightening what it shows about attitudes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say i was speechless but sadly i'm not. People's attitudes to breastfeeding just don't surprise me anymore.
    Lovely picture Rach, one for the family album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous picture!

    I confess that although I too think that there are so many things wrong with Facebook I still use them as I'm connected to so many of my friends on there... That's not the first time I hear of them banning bf pictures. It's really sad that ignorance leads to this.

    Thanks you so much for linking up with our blog. Let's keep posting lots of lovely bf pictures online!!!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I remember this being such an impulsive post because I am just so desperate for breastfeeding to seem normal. I do understand that it has it's uses for lots of people though. Yes, let's just post more. Great idea for a link up!

      Delete