Wednesday 26 March 2014

12/52 ISTANBUL

Twice I have spent hours writing an open letter to Julia, Ville, Ruskin, Matti, Anton and Neve to express my heartfelt gratitude and thanks for their wonderful hospitality, love and friendship which allowed Teeny and I to visit them in Istanbul recently.  Unfortunately Blogger has decided that saving said blog post was not on its list of priorities and now, as hard as I try, the words will just not come as they did before and I know myself well enough to know that if I do not publish a post about our trip soon it will stay in my drafts folder forever.  So here is my very condensed down, but equally as thankful post on our wonderfully enriching trip to Istanbul. 
 
Julia, Ville, Ruskin, Matti, Anton and Neve please know that my lack of words in this post does not reflect a lack of appreciation, rather the opposite; I feel that today whatever I write could never reflect my gratitude or admiration for you all. 
 
Crazy Hands
With Matt-iii
With Ru-kin
A word from the wise
Topkapi Palace
Beautiful Neve
Sunset Fishing
Patisserie de Pera
With Du-li-a
A view from Galata Tower
Home for the week
(For anybody who would like to see much better photographs of our trip they can be found on Julia's very gorgeous Flickr page)

3 comments:

  1. It made me smile so much to see this. Thank you very much. We all wish you lived just round the corner, or ideally, right across the hall. It was amazing to have you to chatter to for a few days, and this post is just full of gorgeous memories. Thank you so much for being the kind of person who would get on a plane with a two year old to be with a friend. You are amazing in so many ways. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Across the hall...I wish!

      Really would love to be having tea and cake and a visit to a lovely museum with you and the kids today.

      Delete
  2. Although you have told me about your lovely trip Rach, it was lovely to see these photos of it with Eden and your friends. Can't believe that he and Neve are not related =they look soooooo much alike. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday Much love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete