Wednesday 12 February 2014

6/52 TOGETHER

I miss your babyhoods so much.  I miss the endless breastfeeding and you wanting to just snuggle up on my lap for hours and not being able to move from the sofa.  I miss watching the sun come up after a sleepless night and long daytime naps; your wrinkly rolls of chub and toothless gums.  It makes me sad to think that sometimes those memories will not be so fresh in my mind, but we are making new memories all of the time. Memories of the relationships between the three of you growing; the way you cuddle up on the sofa together and the way Teeny calls A and D from the bottom of the stairs and can't quite pronounce the 's' at the end of his sister's name.  I love the way our beautiful girl mothers her little brother (even if the fear of her breaking his arms because of the way she tries to lift and guide him makes me feel a little sick at times).  The way the three of you play together with our big boy's castle and his desperation to teach his little brother all of the things he knows. Our littlest always sucking in his cheeks accompanying his needs to kiss everybody special to him before he leaves the room and his repetition of the word "cud-tle" to those very people he adores so much. 
 
These tiny moments in amongst the chaos are what makes my heart sing every day. 
 
Thank you my little loves.
 
xxx
 
The best big sister
Riding home from school
Colouring Together
 

1 comment:

  1. Always love seeing your great photos of your beautiful children on here Rach but your written words on this one brought tears to my eyes. Lovely my lovely Xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete