Sunday 1 July 2012

TREASURES FROM INDIA

The most special treasure we received from India today was in the form of a vist from my lovely sister in law, Karen, who has just got back from a five week business trip there.

I have to say that I have missed her a lot.  It isn't as if I see her every day or anything like that, but we do see each other regularly and I think that the knowledge that she wasn't a five minute drive away was enough to make me miss her.  That trip also meant that we were not able to celebrate each other's birthdays together which made me miss her even more; oh that and the fact that she photographed Teeny's birth for me and he was only four weeks when she left and he is now nine weeks was a bit emotional for me too.

Karen brought with her some treasures for my tiddlers.  These were in the form of 24 lovely purple and gold sparkley and jangley bangles for A (I know there are 24 because madam made a point of sitting and counting them).  These are perfect for her as she is VERY into her jewellery at the moment; this is definitely nature not nurture because I have to say that unless I am going out I am not really a very girly girl whereas from an early age my daughter has been like a magpie when it comes to sparkly things.  In fact one of her first words was pretty.

D received a little green elephant statue which he loved and took straight to put on the window ledge in his room.  D you see loves anything and everything green and Karen knows this so this was a very well thought out gift for him.

Teeny, however, got something extra special; not because he is more special to her than A&D I might add, but because this is his welcome to the world present from her.  He was so lucky  to receive two beautiful bangles that I absolutely love.  They are gorgeous and unique, but the thing that makes me love them the most is because he hasn't had any other keepsake type gifts so this makes them an extra special gift from an extra special person.

Treasures

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful presents Rach, and how lovely to have your sister in law home!
    Caoimhe loves sparkle and dresses as well...not sure where she gets it from either!

    ReplyDelete