Saturday 16 June 2012

JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS



As you will know if you have read my last post our Jubilee weekend was spent in hospital so we didn't really get to enjoy the festivities.  As a result of the hospital trip this post is quite late, but I had always been planning to blog about it so here it is.

In the lead up  to the Jubilee I had been explaining to A&D the reason for the Jubilee and why there were lots of celebrations.  On the last Friday of half term (1 June) A&D had a party at pre-school to celebrate the Jubilee and they (and all of the other children at pre-school) had an absolute ball.  As you can see I had to send them dressed in red, white and blue; they had their faces painted at pre-school and they had made their crowns at pre-school on one of the days leading up to the party.  I was also asked to send them in with a packed lunch so  that they could have a picnic.  I have it on good authority from them that they also had a bouncy castle, a puppet show and coloured in jubilee themed pictures. 

Oh and A also told me that "Fiona matched; she had nail varnish and blue eyeshadow."  Fiona is the pre-school manager and A's key worker and is always very colour co-ordinated which, in typical girl fashion, A always takes note of.

They were sent home with a red, white or blue balloon and the cakes in the picture which had been made by one of the mommies from pre-school and they looked fabulous although I can't comment as to how they tasted as I didn't manage to get near one before they disappeared.  We did have a little bit of a drama with the balloons as A's red one burst on the way out so in her typical drama queen style (I love you my darling, but you really can be quite dramatic at times, so much so that I can see you being an actress when you grow up...ha ha!) she cried on and off for about half an hour despite the fact that she was given a white one to replace it!

On  the way home though I did feel a little bit sad.  They always have lots of fun at pre-school with their friends, but especially so on this day and I started to think about how much they are going to miss it when they finish in July and how they have to start all over again at nursery next year without all of the lovely friends they have made.  They have grown so much as people since they started pre-school in September and are looking forward to nursery, but I don't think they, or many of their friends who all seem to be going to different nurseries/ schools, have quite grasped the fact that it replaces pre-school and that they won't be going there anymore. 

I know that they will be fine and will make new friends at nursery as well as staying in touch with some of their friends at pre-school, but it still makes me feel a little sad.  I am also a a little bit excited though to see what nursery has in store for them.

1 comment:

  1. It looks as tho they had a great time Rach x
    It does seem a shame for them to lose the friends they have made. We feel the same about Caoimhe. She is starting a new nursery too in sept. but they are all such beautiful children I am sure thye will quickly make new friends x

    ReplyDelete